The Civic Hall was originally built as the Mechanics Institute in 1859, it has been substantially renovated in recent years and plans are now in place to carry out further work to enhance the facility for the benefit of users and the community.
The building houses the Council Chamber, the administration offices for the Council, and also has a Ballroom with bar, two smaller halls and a catering kitchen.
The venue regularly hosts wedding receptions, dinners, presentation evenings, conferences and concerts. It is also licensed for marriage and civil ceremonies.
Click on the image gallery below to view some of our latest events and functions within the civic hall.